With the recent theme in my home being re-organization, I found that I needed a place to keep my keys and my to-do list. So, therefore it made the most sense to make a message board! I also must admit that I just needed another excuse to bust out that chalkboard paint and use it again… No shame.
All-in-all this project is super simple, and it only cost me around $14 to complete!
Chalkboard paint and hooks can be found at any local hardware store. If you can’t find it there you can order a can by clicking on the images below (they also offer it in spray paint form as well)!
Also, Michael’s Crafts has an excellent selection of frames to choose from! I got mine there for around $7.
1. Remove the glass from the frame carefully, and place it on a surface that you feel safe painting on.
2. Paint the glass with your chalkboard paint (it may require multiple coats so be patient!).
3. While your glass is drying, attach your hooks to your frame with a screwdriver.
4. When your glass is dry, place it back into your frame, making sure the side with the chalkboard paint is facing down (much like your picture would be if you placed one in the frame).
5. Replace the back of the frame.
For added customization, play with the shape of your frame. You don’t have to settle for a basic, square, 8 x 10. Find an oval or a split frame you really like!
Also, your chalkboard paint will come in a larger can than you’ll need, so make sure you save it for future projects!
As always if you ever need help, let me know!