As I mentioned in my Halloween Cookie Post, I am most definitely NOT a baker… however, I do LOVE eating baked goods – especially when the baked goods are dairy free (since dairy makes me super sick, yuck)! So, for the holidays my mom and I teamed up to create a dairy-free banana bread recipe with dark chocolate chips and pecans! Best part about this recipe too is that if you wanted to make it with dairy, it’s not a problem! Now, let me say it before we begin, if I can bake this recipe, so can you! Let’s do this!
What You’ll Need:
2. Spray the bottom of a loaf pan with cooking spray or lightly grease with vegetable oil.
3. Beat the butter in a large bowl with the electric mixer on medium.
4. Add granulated sugar & brown sugar and continue to beat.
5. Slowly add egg, egg whites & vanilla until blended.
6. Gradually add in mashed bananas and beat on high speed for about a minute.
7. Combine baking soda, salt, and baking powder in bowl.
8. Add flour to butter mixture and alternate with baking soda mix until both bowls are emptied into mixer. Remember to scrape sides of mixer!
9. Add chocolate chips and walnuts to mixture.
10. Once mixed well, pour batter into loaf pan and cook for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes.
11. Use a toothpick to make sure the center of the cake is dry.
12. Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
13. Eat away!
The cake tastes delicious with coffees, teas, jams, butter, or just plain (not going to lie, I might have eaten mine with some Nutella)!
As I said, this recipe can be used with regular heavy cream and milk chocolate chips. Either way, this dairy-free version was DEE-LICIOUS. Plus, it didn’t give me a stomach ache, which is a HUGE plus in my book!
But, moral of this blog post is, if I can bake banana bread… anyone can! It doesn’t hurt to to try! Besides, your family will be impressed by your homemade dessert!