In thinking about my year anniversary coming up and my new business endeavor (selling customizable signs), I started to look to some companies to make business cards… needless to say, I wasn’t impressed with many of the companies OR their outrageous prices. So, the “do it yourselfer” in myself decided to make her own business cards.
Wanna learn how to make your own business cards too? Then you’ve come to the right place!
How To Make Custom Business Cards For Cheap
First, I took a trip to my local Michael’s Crafts and picked up this awesome recycled paper that resembles thin pieces of cardboard boxes (how crafty and how green!).
Next, if you have Microsoft Word, all versions have an option to utilize business card templates from companies that manufacture these products. For my business cards I used an “Avery” template which came with 10 cards on one sheet. To access these templates, follow these steps:1. Open Microsoft Word and click on Tools, Labels.
3. Next, you will see another menu pop up with a scrolling menu. First, make sure that the drop down menu says “Avery Standard”. Then, keep scrolling down the below menu until you get to “8371 Business Card”. Press OK.
4. Press OK on the following menu as well to save your changes.
5. Next, you will see that your page has been split into 10 business card templates. To make the borders easier to see, right click on the arrow in the corner and click on Borders and Shading. When you get to the next menu press All to add borders to your cards. Press OK.
6. Design your business cards and copy and paste the same design into each box.
7. Remove the borders from your cards (same way you added them in Step 5). Right click, choose Borders and Shading and click None.
9. Use an X-Acto straight edge cutter to cut out your cards.
Seriously guys, promoting your business has never been so easy. I was able to create 100 business cards for $5 (the cost of the paper I purchased). I think they’re cute and original, and I can’t wait to place them on my product!I say go for it. What’s to lose? Make your own business cards and take pride in your work. It only costs a few dollars to try, and if it doesn’t work out, you can always cut your losses and order some professional ones!