Vinyl record bowls are super simple to make, and you can mold them anyway you want as many times as you wish!
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Place your record on top of your oven safe bowl (if you want a deep bowl place it on top of the oven-safe bowl so that it melts inside it, for a wide bowl place the record on top of the bottom of the oven-safe bowl). Use a cooking tray for easier insertion and removal of your bowl.
3. Place your bowl in the oven and wait for 5-10 minutes.
4. THIS IS IMPORTANT: Please remember to keep an eye on your record! Vinyl records ARE flammable Do not leave your record unattended in the oven.
5. When you remove your record from the oven you will be able to mold it for a short period of time. Be quick though because they do harden very quickly!
6. Use your Vinyl Record Bowl as a basket and fill it with cute goodies that your special someone will love! Or, just enjoy it for yourself!
If you do not like the shape of your bowl you can re-heat the record and re-shape it!
Use your Vinyl Record Bowl as a holder for office supplies or crafting tools!
Again, please keep an eye on your record while it is in the oven! If you keep it in the oven too long you risk setting your oven on fire!
I want to give a special thanks to my other half for taking pictures of the process for me and my good friend from Australia, Nick for the creative idea!